Oldskool rpgs

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Oldskool rpgs

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 25 Mar 2009, 12:20

Hahah! Okay, how about Sam And Max? :lol:
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 25 Mar 2009, 17:28

I remember one game on the megadrive, where you were a wizard thing...

The aim of the game was to sail about the world and collect 7 gold rings. You could have people join your party, and every fight you had loaded onto a grid...

The magic gfx was quality at the time.. just with i could remember the name.

Edit - Rings of Power... pure class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rings_of_Power_(video_game)
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Taze » 28 Mar 2009, 17:17

Felysta Sandorn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Hahah! Okay, how about Sam And Max? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_%26_max#Video_games

Maybe the sam & max dos game counts otherwise, they arent old skool at all fely they are good though
Forum has lost my sig twice now...
Playing SOTA with Jeeks, Naka, Galos and Wife
Playing Neverwinter With Liyandra on her Satellite I-Nets
Not playing much else, due to SOTA Early Release

xxOutlawxx
Forum Whore

Postby xxOutlawxx » 01 Apr 2009, 05:08

Ultima V, was my first RPG.
On the Apple computer, at the local Library. I got so addiction to it after playing for 3 months, that that staff ban me from using the computer.
Then even after 5 years I went to the same library to see if the game was still there.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Taze » 01 Apr 2009, 20:17

OMG Ultima 3-5!!
First MMORPG Too
UO had a 6x GM Mage before you could lock skills. Remember summoning elementals on the bank roof lol.

Ultima pioneered some of the old school RPG's. Origin was one of the best, they never should have sold.

Remember Privateer?

Soleira
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Soleira » 01 Apr 2009, 20:21

Anyone remember Maniac Mansion on the regular nintendo? I loved that game.

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 01 Apr 2009, 22:50

Taze (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))OMG Ultima 3-5!!

7 was my first Ultima, does that count?

Oh, and I just remembered another one - Eye Of The Beholder! That MUST count! :lol:
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Taze » 02 Apr 2009, 04:50

YES FELY YES FINALLY THEY BOTH COUNT

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 02 Apr 2009, 12:40

Zelda

Loved them - Gotta be included as first was out about 1988 ish...

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 02 Apr 2009, 13:37

Taze (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))YES FELY YES FINALLY THEY BOTH COUNT

Hooray! I finally did it! I played The Legend of Link or Zelda or something on the NES fooking ages go as well, I think that'll count!

Ultima 7 was amazing! Though the storyline about how the bloke was playing games then found a portal outside and became your character was a bit crap...

Fuck me... Geoffrey, Dupret, and Iolo! I want to play that game again! :lol:

Postby Guest » 11 Apr 2009, 04:48

Privateer was another I played back in 1997 and UO in 2005 but I quit after getting ganked at the some glowing gates...

Zedra was another Addiction as well

xxOutlawxx
Forum Whore

Postby xxOutlawxx » 11 Apr 2009, 04:50

Guest (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Privateer was another I played back in 1997 and UO in 2005 but I quit after getting ganked at the some glowing gates...

Zedra was another Addiction as well

Don't you mean Zelda!

Phoenix
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » 19 May 2009, 18:12

Felysta Sandorn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Oh, and I just remembered another one - Eye Of The Beholder! That MUST count! :lol:

Eye of the Beholder was a cheap knock off of Dungeon Master (AMIGA), which was my second RPG. First was Bard's Tale, anyone remember that one? My favorite RPG of all was Star Control 2, simply the best time I had in a single player game by leaps and bounds. I played it through a second time with Heather years later and even she enjoyed it!

Technically, I'm neglecting text based RPGs: Zork, Moria, and Castle. I believe Moria was the first computer RPG, I want to say I played it in the early 1980's on Dec Alpha Mainframe.

And the correct answer to:
Saltire (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))You are in a green field facing south, to the east is a paved road, to the west is a large rock, to the north is a city gate.

What do you want to do?
Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))I would like to walk north to the city gate.
Is:
Zork (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))You can't do that.
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Mishura Desante » 19 May 2009, 22:02

if we're doing old school...how about kings quest. The first one.

on an apple 2e
Fleet Admiral Mishura Desante
@Asherax

Zandorph
Forum Whore

Postby Zandorph » 20 May 2009, 03:12

Yep, Bard's Tale was awesome. There was a turn based RPG on the Com 64 but I cant remember. Elite was awesome too. Although it was not turn based. Anyone remember when Wing Commander came out, it was seven 3 1/2s. Biggest game ever. lol
Zandorph

Return to “Other Games”