Operation Flashpoint 2?

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Griv
Forum Whore

Operation Flashpoint 2?

Postby Griv » 18 Oct 2009, 08:28

Anyone got this? i was tempted but with MOD2 coming out I wasnt sure....
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Operation Flashpoint 2?

Postby Saltire » 19 Oct 2009, 09:46

not looked yet, sounds good
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

havoq
Necrosis Officer

Postby havoq » 19 Oct 2009, 21:12

I'll be picking it up for the PS3.

ahimah
Site Admin

Postby ahimah » 20 Oct 2009, 14:25

Word around the intarwebs is that it is incredibly buggy which takes a lot of the fun out of it. I'm looking at getting Borderlands instead.

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 23 Oct 2009, 02:47

COD MOD 2!!!

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 23 Oct 2009, 11:25

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))COD MOD 2!!!

this tbh, saw you can use a PDA in the field to control the weapon systems of an AC-130 :shock: :twisted:

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 28 Oct 2009, 18:24

the only negative thing I read about modern 2, is that the PC version will NOT HAVE DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!

so the matchmaking will be like that of the X360 when you want to join a match. IW.net will be running it. That means the host will be whomever has the best connection most likely (just like on the 360). Hard to tell how this is going to work out.

The positives are few and far between...
The negatives on the other hand are pages upon pages long. So hard to tell how this is going to turn out for the pc in regards to multiplayer.. Really sad that they would do this considering how popular and awesome the first one was on the PC.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 28 Oct 2009, 22:16

console = $$$

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 29 Oct 2009, 06:34

Its too bad because PC has so much more potential. The graphics are better. The user interface is more flexible. Alot more options when it comes to multiplayer - dedicated servers, forums/online communities..

sigh.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 29 Oct 2009, 10:33

consoles = plug n play for idiots who think madden 10 is the best game ever (same people who think rockband can teach them to play an instrument)

Phoenix
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » 29 Oct 2009, 15:05

Saltire (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))consoles = plug n play for idiots who think madden 10 is the best game ever (same people who think rockband can teach them to play an instrument)

It can't?! Dammit!
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Taze » 29 Oct 2009, 17:59

Saltire (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))consoles = plug n play for idiots who think madden 10 is the best game ever (same people who think rockband can teach them to play an instrument)

Madden 10 is the best game eva!!!!

Reality: OMG they made 10 of those damn things? Thats like the land before time movies, I blink and they are up to 12 or 13
Forum has lost my sig twice now...
Playing SOTA with Jeeks, Naka, Galos and Wife
Playing Neverwinter With Liyandra on her Satellite I-Nets
Not playing much else, due to SOTA Early Release

Invictusletum
Unshakable

Postby Invictusletum » 30 Oct 2009, 18:19

Not all console gamers are fucking mongoloids. Gaming PC's for the laymen can be expensive. Much more so than an Xbox or PS3. The majority of console gamers I know admit that they would like to play at least some games on the PC, but they can't justify the cost.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"Proles and animals are free." ~ George Orwell "1984"

Phoenix
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » 30 Oct 2009, 19:31

Invictusletum (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Not all console gamers are fucking mongoloids. Gaming PC's for the laymen can be expensive. Much more so than an Xbox or PS3. The majority of console gamers I know admit that they would like to play at least some games on the PC, but they can't justify the cost.

I can turn any $500 dell box into a machine that will play the vast majority of games today for less than $300 (the cost of a console w/ cables, controllers, etc.) Everyone has to have a computer that does email and word processing. You can't count that in the price of a gaming machine.

Now I recognize that people just don't want to fuck with building/modifying/installing/maintaining a gaming PC, but price has fuck all to do with it.
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Invictusletum
Unshakable

Postby Invictusletum » 30 Oct 2009, 23:07

Phoenix (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))
Invictusletum (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Not all console gamers are fucking mongoloids. Gaming PC's for the laymen can be expensive. Much more so than an Xbox or PS3. The majority of console gamers I know admit that they would like to play at least some games on the PC, but they can't justify the cost.

I can turn any $500 dell box into a machine that will play the vast majority of games today for less than $300 (the cost of a console w/ cables, controllers, etc.) Everyone has to have a computer that does email and word processing. You can't count that in the price of a gaming machine.

Now I recognize that people just don't want to fuck with building/modifying/installing/maintaining a gaming PC, but price has fuck all to do with it.

Price and knowledge both contribute. I sell computers for a living and I can tell you the average person does not know enough about a PC to install a Power Supply and Video Card. They also don't want to pay for things that in their minds should be included, so while I agree with you that almost any of us on this forum could take a $500 computer and make it into a viable gaming machine the average person can not and doesn't want to hassle with paying someone to do it for them. You also have to take into account that most people already own a gaming console so spending the $300 to make their PC a gaming machine is hard to justify when they have a $300 Xbox sitting in the living room.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"Proles and animals are free." ~ George Orwell "1984"

Return to “Other Games”