Operation Flashpoint 2?

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Operation Flashpoint 2?

Postby Saltire » 31 Oct 2009, 01:34

if you look at it in the long run though, PC gamers probably spend less.

Every person i know who plays on a console has a dvd rack stuffed with games, they all cost 35-40 quid new, most people have 20+ games.

PC gamer - has the 2-3 must haves + and MMO or 2 downloaded and pay a monthly fee.

I only buy 4-5 games a year, This year it has been:

Redalert 3, COD4, Empire total war, AOC + eve online sub

2008 it was : Half life 2 orange box (episode 2+ TF2), age of empires 3 (i think), Pirates of the burning sea, eve sub

in this time my mates with 360's and PS3s have bought about 30-40 games each and extras (guitar hero + rockband kit, wii sports etc)

I update my PC once every 3 years and dont spend more than £1000 and thats a lot more than most.

+ games and subscriptions I pay more but without the subs and without buying top end gear for the upgrades, I would spend a lot less.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 31 Oct 2009, 03:53

i dont know how true that is.

ive had a 360 for 1 year now and i have 4 games.

Gears of War 2
Ace Combat 6 - bought used for 20$
Mass Effect - bought brand new for 10$ when a special came on at Best buy.
Ghsot Recon advanced warfighter 2 - bought used for 10$

the system came with gears of war 1, and Star wars the force unleashed- both of which I sold. for a total of 45$

Of those 4, I only play Gears of War 2 and Ghost Recon. And I only play gears of war 2 when my friend from work plays. I currently have no intention of buying any new games unless I happen to be at a walmart, or Electronics boutique, or a blockbuster and see something good in the previously used games, or the bargain bin - youd be surprised sometimes good titles end up here. The good thing with console games is the prices fluctuate sooo much.. you can easily get a game that is a few months old for almost less then half price if its been used. Right now the only game I am on the frits about is Cod MOd 2. but i dont know, im too cheap to build a new PC, and I hate XBOX LIVE, but looks like there wont be any servers to play on so I might go with the 360 version anyway.

your friends might also just have ADD, or get bored of shit really easy, OR, they dont research/read reviews of any of the games they buy and just go by impulse purchases, which probably would go hand in hand with the idea that console gamers are less intelligent (and they are for the most part ha). So they buy shitty games that they get bored of really fast, or have no replay value.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 31 Oct 2009, 10:52

they buy the 'IT' games when they come out
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 31 Oct 2009, 16:13

maybe PC games just have better replayability because of the dedicated servers, and the online community.

Caal
Must be unemployed.

Postby Caal » 01 Nov 2009, 11:05

I picked this up for the PC but I had to run it in ugly mode. I enjoyed it but it suffers from retard AI and the campaign is a little too short (I think it takes place over 5 days?).

Return to “Other Games”