Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.. -360

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.. -360

Postby Sirex » 14 Nov 2009, 20:23

Picked it up on Tuesday afternoon.. Beat the single player the same day... and have played a little bit online so far.

PROS
-First XBOX live game I play that isn't riddled with lag. Kudos to IW.net on the 360 platform. It is actually really good online.. The matchmaking system is the best Ive ever seen for a console as well and finds matches really fast.
-Lots of cusomization for weapons, perks, etc, like the first one. (I only played the first one on PC though)
-Single player campaign fun as usual, like the first one.
- Fast reload in campaign when you die. (other games take a while to reload)

CONS
- I wanted this on PC but decided against a PC release since no dedicated servers.
- Single player campaign can be annoying as fuck. Played it/beat it on hardcore, the AI has some GOD LIKE fucking reflexes that make absolutely no sense.. Considering this is on console, Id expect it to be somewhat less retarded.. For instance you turn a corner and bam head shot from the AI... You cant even aim at him that quick since youre using a stupid thumb stick.
-Some really stupid missions with hordes of enemies... In one of the missions you gotta defend a laptop thats downloading/uploading data. You take on literally 100 guys that come at you from every single direction. I died about 50 times in this level and the only reason why I beat it was because it seemed to auto save pretty regulalry after killing 3-4 enemies.
- No leaning.. Though I dont think this was in the first one.. But leaning should be in ever tactical shooter (Ghost Recon, etc.)

havoq
Necrosis Officer

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.. -360

Postby havoq » 15 Nov 2009, 05:19

I've played Call of Duty and I have to say there's nothing I've seen from this game that will make me pay $60 for it. CoD is turning into Madden. A new version of the same game every damn year.

Phoenix
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » 15 Nov 2009, 16:57

I haven't bought a CoD since the original release...might finally be worth while. :)
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Invictusletum
Unshakable

Postby Invictusletum » 15 Nov 2009, 19:17

A good CoD only comes out every 2 years tho, since shitty ass Trayarc (sp?) makes them on the off years.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"Proles and animals are free." ~ George Orwell "1984"

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Mishura Desante » 29 Nov 2009, 19:09

It wasnt bad - but I expected the story to be longer - it seemed longer in the first game

The story also left me slightly confused (no spoilers here), but I guess that will ultimately be resolved in the next one.

As for the infinite hoards (with the exception of the laptop, which is a timed event) - this is normal in call of duty games...the idea is to force you to progress through a battlefield, dodging bullets, not sit there picking off an entire batallion. It makes sense in its own regard.

Leaning would have helped for sure.

Oh, and a trick to the defend the laptop - you have a minute or so before they get there - I just put claymores staggered in the three ways into the room, and replaced them when "breaks" came up. I just then laid down at the top of the stairs and took up a sniper position. Your buddy takes care of the few guys that come down the back way. I got through it on regular dying only once.

I would tell people to borrow / rent this game, unless you're a true fan of mulitplayer and/or spec ops missions.
Fleet Admiral Mishura Desante
@Asherax

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 30 Nov 2009, 01:08

I must say that after having it for a couple of weeks, Im hooked to 3rd person team tactical death match. I dont know if youve tried this game mode mish, but its fucking awesome.

LOL my favourite class is set up with a riot shield. its too much fun playing the defuse maps with this load out. i also like the Hardcore modes.

But anyway, my computer monitor burnt out and im using the tv my 360 was hooked up to as my monitor. I need a tV so until i get that hooked up no more COD4 for me. By the way my xbox live tag is
sirex123
how far, have you gotten on spec ops?

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Mishura Desante » 30 Nov 2009, 04:40

I just got the game a couple days ago, i've only finished 2 of the first 5 of the spec ops...so got a ways to go...
Fleet Admiral Mishura Desante
@Asherax

shamen
Must be unemployed.

Postby shamen » 02 Dec 2009, 12:38

I like it. Not much changed from modern warfare 1, but i like the new killstreak rewards and the General feel of Modern Warfare rather than the WW2 ones.

I haven't touched the single player campaign, just playing it online and with a few mates.

PS3 though. I've had my PS3 since release, and this game has made it shut down due to heat (well i think it was heat that caused it.) Seems pretty demanding on your console.
Eve Online - The Shamen.
Robocraft - frenkyled

PSN - Frenkyled

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Neeps
Site Admin

Postby Neeps » 05 Jan 2010, 18:00

Played it splitscreen with a few mates over some beers for 6-7 hours and had a right blast. Loaded up the single player campaign and switched it off after 2.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Return to “Other Games”