Battlefield Bad Company 2

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
ahimah
Site Admin

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Postby ahimah » 03 Mar 2010, 16:44

Bought it on Steam, doesn't require Steam to play with friends on PC.

Anyone else playing it? My handle is guttermonkey, wasn't sure if I should Clan Tag with Sekura or not since I'm not sure if anyone else is playing.

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Postby Sirex » 03 Mar 2010, 17:59

im debating whether to buy it or not... i didnt like the x360 demo of it.... was lacking both in graphics and game play over the original battlefield modern warfare..... im wating for a review before i make a decision, or a PC demo.

ahimah
Site Admin

Postby ahimah » 03 Mar 2010, 18:15

I got in on the PC beta and enjoyed it thoroughly. The graphics were really nice on my PC, not sure what they look like on the 360 though. I found the gameplay to be similar to Modern Warfare 2 with the exception that you have larger teams and the maps are so large that it requires people to coordinate more.

There are some server instability issues with it still as of this morning, just the first day hiccups from everyone slamming them probably.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 09 Mar 2010, 10:46

like the look of this, might need a new 3D card to play it.

I have 8800 GTX atm but it recommends GTX 260.

Apart from that i have a Q6600 2.4ghz and 4gb of very fast RAM
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 11 Mar 2010, 18:59

did a quick search on the net, for specs, from their own forums someone said they have the video card below that and have their graphics maxed out and it looks great and runs great...

to be honest i dont have time for this game.. EVE all the way!!11

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 25 Mar 2010, 17:07

Anyone got this and wanna give me a little review.

I loved MW2 until everybody started hacking, it got pointless.... How do the two compare??
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 25 Mar 2010, 17:16

shooting through walls with full metal jacket upgrade isnt hacking, there are a lot of maps with very common spawn and hiding spots, players learn to shoot through the walls/cars there to kill anyone hiding, IEDs and Claymore show up in red if you have the 'sitrep' upgrade, some players concentrate hard on games like that so know all the maps, spawn points, hiding places, react to the minimap, sounds off footsteps etc.

It might seem like hacking, its just some players are very good.

ahimah
Site Admin

Postby ahimah » 25 Mar 2010, 17:20

- Graphics are on par with Modern Warfare 2 (I have both)
- Much more squad based than MW2 was. If you're on a 16 person team, each team is broken down into 4 person squads. You get extra points for helping your squad out (defending, avenging, healing, repairing, etc.)
- Not quite the same level of weapon customization. Unlock a weapon and you can add a red dot, 4x scope, 12x scope to it, but there's no painting of it to different colors or any BS like that.
- Server based, less lag on multiplayer matches due to this. Server browser in game sucks nuts, but it does work.
- Huge maps. Seriously huge maps. Allows for much more freedom in flanking maneuvers.
- The vehicles are a blast. There's something fun about raining down fire from the sky while riding in an Apache heli.
- There's a lot of people who just snipe as Recon class, which isn't really that helpful overall to the team. I use Recon with a shotgun & C4 a lot of the time b/c its just fun that way.
- Some people have no lives and have ranked up incredibly quickly. I've managed to put in over 24 hours and am still level 13. I see people of rank 30 regularly on public servers.

Any specific questions?

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 29 Mar 2010, 03:45

is this as good as the old Batlefield 2 modern warfare? Apache, F22s, Blachhawks, Abrahams, etc?

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 31 Mar 2010, 09:26

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))is this as good as the old Batlefield 2 modern warfare? Apache, F22s, Blachhawks, Abrahams, etc?

Bought it, and yes it reminds me of BF2... but no planes... and the main problem with this game is soooo many snipers.... but i quite like taking them out with my LMG :)

I wasnt ever a huge fan of the BF series, this has the same feel as all the past ones, maps are massive, but with a mode called RUSH, where as in the other BF games you would jump in a hummer and capture an unprotected point, you have to destroy/defend 2 points then it reveils more of the map with another two points to destroy/defend, this is the mode for me!!

Would be a great game if you managed to get competitive at it, I.E, TS/Vent based squads in a comp...

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 02 Apr 2010, 20:59

no airplanes/ that sucks.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 03 Apr 2010, 14:44

bought the game, we got a fps room on the vent server? Im up for some multiplayer whener you lot are on

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 04 Apr 2010, 19:32

more,

Game is great, yes Griv RUSH games are pretty cool.

Being a sniper is way to easy on this though, because the maps are so huge that snipers can hide in the distance. The only thing that gives em away is your death and the killcam which shows where they are.

I have to admit, i play sniper a lot, its the best way to level up imo, I love taking out enemy snipers in duals and killing guys on boats and quads. Hard to do but you get huge points for it.

Good thing is that its not always a 1 shot kill, you have to hit head or upper torso for a 1-shot with the powerful rifles and because of the bonuses you get at higher levels it means you can take a hit, spot the sniper and hose em down before they can reload.

my handle is 'JK123'

pm me when you want to set a game up, use vent etc

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 06 Apr 2010, 03:19

might buy it in 2 weeks.

Caal
Must be unemployed.

Postby Caal » 07 Apr 2010, 16:47

Just ordered this from Play.com. I just hope my POS PC can run it

Return to “Other Games”