Still don't believe it.
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Jeeks
Unshakable

Re: DUKE NUKEM

Postby Jeeks » 10 Jun 2011, 22:05

Well believe it. Got my copy this morning. :mrgreen:
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

Please don't feed the troll. I'm currently not hungry.

Caal
Must be unemployed.

Postby Caal » 14 Jun 2011, 08:32

What's your opinion Mental? I've heard some mixed views.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Jeeks
Unshakable

Postby Jeeks » 14 Jun 2011, 13:32

Personaly. It's a game thats been 12 years in the making and should have stayed there. Unless you want a trip down memory lane to a time of FPS before call of duty it more of a game for fans only. It just feels like its a re-hash of duke nukem 3d, the plot, the enemies, the weapons all feel dated. Even Duke's humour isnt really enough of a selling point.

Like you said, their has been mixed reviews. I know a couple of people that love it and others who hated it. It's more of a game that the fans want to play and not for the COD fanboys.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

Please don't feed the troll. I'm currently not hungry.

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 14 Jun 2011, 21:51

Mental666 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Personaly. It's a game thats been 12 years in the making and should have stayed there. Unless you want a trip down memory lane to a time of FPS before call of duty it more of a game for fans only. It just feels like its a re-hash of duke nukem 3d, the plot, the enemies, the weapons all feel dated. Even Duke's humour isnt really enough of a selling point.

Like you said, their has been mixed reviews. I know a couple of people that love it and others who hated it. It's more of a game that the fans want to play and not for the COD fanboys.

thats what Ive been reading as well.... well my DL finished of it on torrents, but Ive been to lazy to install it. Not sure if Im going to bother with this.

Neeps
Site Admin

Postby Neeps » 27 Jul 2011, 14:39

I'm not complaining, now that its actually been released my company is top of the vaporware list ;)
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 28 Jul 2011, 00:31

i went ahead and bought this during the steam summer sale. got it for $25. IT's an alright game for $25. I had read that the graphics were bad, etc, etc. The graphics are pretty decent. The game itself is okay; it's like any other shooter really. Go here, blow this up. Go there, blow that up. Boss. Boss. etc.

Online is okay as well. Death match is fun for a little while, not as fun as I remember the original duke nukem 3d death match.

Return to “Other Games”