Terraria RPG Mod

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Jeeks
Unshakable

Terraria RPG Mod

Postby Jeeks » 20 Dec 2014, 19:45

Files Needed

I've been playing with a RPG mod that is available for the STEAM VERSION of Terraria (unknown if they got it to work with drm free copies)

I'll try and give some step-by-step instructions on how to set it up but I am not the greatest at writing guides.

1 - Download Game Launcher.exe and Nterraria.zip (link at top of page)
2 - Run Game Launcher.exe and follow prompts
3 - Unzip Nterraria.zip into your terraria steam folder
4 - Run Terraria from steam, you should get a Game Launcher window instead of going straight into the game (if you dont get this, something went wrong and try installing again)
5 - In the game launcher window, click on the "add app" on the bottom left of the window
6 - browse "app path" and find the nterraria.exe file in your terraria folder and open. This will give you the name and location of the app but it still needs a "GLI name", this is so you know which version of terraria you are running, any name will do and click save. ( I use Terraria RPG Mod)
7 - Under app you should have Terraria (1.2.4.1 if current) and Terraria RPG Mod, selection on RPG Mod and click launch.
8 - The game should now load using the mod instead of the normal game, toons, items and worlds do not carry over as this is a different version of the game.
9 - Create a new toon and world and have fun.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

Please don't feed the troll. I'm currently not hungry.

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Terraria RPG Mod

Postby Taze » 20 Dec 2014, 20:39

I would like to add, that so far with extensive testing

You can't setup "easy mode" lava arenas for slaughtering the mobs - have to do stuff the "right" way

You can't hack, well you can but if you do hack, you are reverted back to level 0 and lots of things no longer work for you, like signs, and some levers and doors, and all your gear has 0% stat modifiers, the save files for this special rpg toon are not normal, so can't be hacked like normal terraria.

So kind of nice, keeps honest people honest version, nobody randomly showing up in full beetle gear, when they haven't even built a cholorphyte farm, farmed golem for husks, or farmed turtle shells. That kind of thing wont happen.

I still want to do more testing, but might be a nice twist/mod to play
Forum has lost my sig twice now...
Playing SOTA with Jeeks, Naka, Galos and Wife
Playing Neverwinter With Liyandra on her Satellite I-Nets
Not playing much else, due to SOTA Early Release

Neeps
Site Admin

Postby Neeps » 21 Dec 2014, 17:32

Sounds cool, I'll try and get on tonight but I'm off to Paris in the morning to visit the inlaws for a week.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Jeeks
Unshakable

Postby Jeeks » 21 Dec 2014, 19:41

I'm also looking into one called Terraria Leveled. It's similer to nterraria but without the extra class and quests.

I've put it with the other files if anyone else is interested.

I might drop it onto one of those servers if anyone wants to give it a try.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

Please don't feed the troll. I'm currently not hungry.

Return to “Other Games”