Diablo 3 Season 5

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Molech
Site Admin

Diablo 3 Season 5

Postby Molech » 06 Jan 2016, 15:45

Season 5 starts on Jan 15. While I typically play hardcore characters for the season I understand that this might not be everyone's preferred playstyle. Because one reward for this season is an extra stash tab I'm going to make sure Carolyn plays this one with me. I'd like to get some extra interest from people who want to power level with us the first couple days of the season. In a group of 4 we can probably hit level 70 in a couple hours by rifting.

So I'd like to see if there is some interest in this and if people would be willing to do a hardcore character or if they are only interested in playing softcore characters. I will probably play a WD or a barb. Carolyn will probably play either a Monk, Sorc, or DH or whatever she decides that night she's not sure.
-Chris
Retired:
Guild Leader of Necrosis
SCAR Leader
PACT Master
Master Smuggler

Phoenix
Site Admin

Re: Diablo 3 Season 5

Postby Phoenix » 06 Jan 2016, 20:16

Interesting idea...trouble is I have LASIK surgery on the morning of the 15th. While I'm supposed to be able to see by afternoon...I don't know how I'll be feeling.

If you're up for doing something Saturday or even Sunday night, that has a much higher chance of success.
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Taze » 06 Jan 2016, 22:10

I will be playing a crusader, Softcore

The Wife is going to play a witchdoctor or Wizard and has not narrowed that down yet

They wife doesn't like Hardcore,

Addendum

Wife is having shoulder surgery 13 Jan
I have no clue if she will be able to game by 15th

If not, I can make a barbarian to level with you and save crusader for her, as I do not have either of those yet
I would also be willing to roll hardcore, just let me know, and obviously have to swap back over once shes able to game.
Forum has lost my sig twice now...
Playing SOTA with Jeeks, Naka, Galos and Wife
Playing Neverwinter With Liyandra on her Satellite I-Nets
Not playing much else, due to SOTA Early Release

Molech
Site Admin

Postby Molech » 07 Jan 2016, 17:37

So far we have nothing on the calendar for that weekend. So we can probably get something going one of those evenings. I have a feeling we will just do softcore this time around for the rewards mostly. I mostly know people that play SC so it woudl be a good excuse for me to have more play time with them. So we will shoot for a session friday night with whoever we can get together probably starting around 9:30 eastern or so which is about 1.5 hours after the season goes live.

As an added bonus that I missed this season you will be rewarded with pieces of a class set each season now. By the time you complete the season journey you will be rewarded with the following this season:
T
he class sets offered in Season 5 are:
Barbarian: Might of the Earth
Crusader: Thorns of the Invoker
Demon Hunter: The Shadow’s Mantle
Monk: Monkey King’s Garb
Witch Doctor: Raiment of the Jade Harvester
Wizard: Firebird’s Finery

So I will not likely play a WD this season as I don't like the play style for the Jade Harvester set so this adds a new element to the selection process.
-Chris
Retired:
Guild Leader of Necrosis
SCAR Leader
PACT Master
Master Smuggler

Jeeks
Unshakable

Postby Jeeks » 09 Jan 2016, 04:09

I'm also up for doing this but i'm unsure if I will be available or what toon i'm going to be playing yet apart from it will be softcore. I feel to same with the demon hunter if thats the set they are giving you since it feels like the weakest of the main 4 sets.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

Please don't feed the troll. I'm currently not hungry.

Molech
Site Admin

Postby Molech » 11 Jan 2016, 14:54

Don't entirely let the sets put you off from playing a specific character. While you will get this set simply by completing the season journey you aren't required to run it. Honestly I ended up in full Arachyr on my WD in short order this past season just by saving blood shards up as I leveled and doing some light rifting. I was thinking that it might be a good time to play a class you don't often play since you'll be getting decked out in a set shortly after hitting level 70.
-Chris
Retired:
Guild Leader of Necrosis
SCAR Leader
PACT Master
Master Smuggler

Molech
Site Admin

Postby Molech » 12 Jan 2016, 16:04

So I've decided to level a DH and a Barb on SC for this season. I'll use the Barb for groups as a support character. I'm going to use the DH for solo because I honestly think the set they give you this season might be a fun twist on this character so I'm going to try it. I'll Start my DH as soon as kids go to bed and I'll start my Barb with Carolyn when she gets home that night probably around 10 or 11 eastern. So my plan:

level 1-7(8) (Hard difficulty)
Open a game on adventure mode. Steal weapons from followers.
Find easy boss runs for early gear. Magdha and Zolton Khulle are ideal for this.

At level 7 (or 8 to do it in 1 town trip) Check for rings (Act V)
Halls of agony. At level 8 make a 2H axe

LEvel 8-11 (Hard)
From here I will either start rifting or do fields of misery and the sub dungeons or I could do rifts. At level 11 port up and look for amulets (Act V)

Level 11-20 (Hard)
RIFTS

Level 20
At level 20 Kill skeleton king on normal for a leorics crown drop which gives bonus XP (I will do this on my DH so that I can port people to this quest once they hit 20 so no need for anyone else to do this part unless you start the season before me)

Level 20-23
Act I bounties. Preferrably in a game where it is the bonus bounty to get plan drops. Craft Cain's set if possible.

Level 23-70
RIFTS
Notes: At level 42 start crafting lvl 60 weapons if you get one with +CC transmogrify it to get -lvl requirement
At level 61 Craft the best weapon you can. Unless you get a good drop wile in a rift.
Keep all bovine bardiches and puzzle rings to open vault and cow levels

Gear upgrades
+ XP is indespensible. Leorics helm and ring that give bonus XP stay on character till level 70 if you get them. ALWAYS have a helm with your best possible ruby in it

Weapon: Always use the most damage weapon

Armor: unless +DMG is 5% more than current don't trade +XP gear for Damage gear

Boots: Always have run speed on them

At level 70 you get the first 2 pieces of your set. To get the Next two you kill Zolton Kulle on T2. The final pieces come when you clear GR20 solo. Some people will jump straight into the GR20 solo but if we have a group at that point I'd rather do group rifts to get some better weapons.

So that's my plan for starting seasons. I generally get to level 70 in just a few hours. I can get a second char to 70 in less than two doing this but having some twink gear from the first char.
-Chris
Retired:
Guild Leader of Necrosis
SCAR Leader
PACT Master
Master Smuggler

Neeps
Site Admin

Postby Neeps » 01 Feb 2016, 13:29

I have a level 70 paragon 50 wizard now on teh Americas region. (thanks to Taze&Jeeks for powerleveling me on Saturday.)

I'm now powering through bounties and rifts in torment1 to build up eq/cube powers. Have worked my way through the first 3 chapters of the season5 goals and I'm 6/10 on chapter 4.

Still experimenting a bit with skills/spells after scoping out a few high level solo wizards but mostly have it down. Suspect I'll need to change my focus if I was to play a group DPS wiz instead of solo though.

Taze/someone could do with a quick re-review on how greater rift stones work again, brain was starting to blur at 2am on Saturday :) Apparently need rift level 20 for chap4.

Any other goals I should be working on? I should consider a gold-run eqset from my experiences when leveling but only a vague idea what that looks like right now.

Don't know if this link works, but here's my current getup; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jedi ... o/72797465
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Jeeks
Unshakable

Postby Jeeks » 01 Feb 2016, 17:34

http://www.diablowiki.net/Greater_rift

This is a little easier way to explain.

Or, a greater rift is a no loot, 15 minute timed way to level up legendary gems. Greater rifts are also the only way to get the legendary gems as well. The way to access a greater rift is to get greater rift stones from normal rifts (torment 6 being guaranteed).

Skills and gear is also locked in a greater rift meaning you are unable to change these and there is also a death penalty of 5 seconds per death to a max of 30 seconds.

After killing the rift guardian you get a loot drop (higher the difficulty the better) and Urshi will appear granting you access to level gems up 3 times. Gems can be leveled with at least a 60% chance of success up to the level of the rift (ie, grift level 10 can level a gem upto level 10) before the success rate drops. You can also get 100% success rate if you do a rift at least 9 levels over where you intend to level the gem to (rift level 17 for a level 5-8 gem).

Also, with this patch you can now empower the rifts for a gold amount which lets you level a gem a fourth time with Urshi if successful but starts to get expensive at later levels.

Since this is being wrote by me will just add blah blah blah and blah.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

Please don't feed the troll. I'm currently not hungry.

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Taze » 02 Feb 2016, 19:39

Mental666 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON'))).... will just add blah blah blah and blah.

Yes, but Blah, and Blah, so, therefore, Blah.
Forum has lost my sig twice now...
Playing SOTA with Jeeks, Naka, Galos and Wife
Playing Neverwinter With Liyandra on her Satellite I-Nets
Not playing much else, due to SOTA Early Release

Return to “Other Games”