Diablo III

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Molech
Site Admin

Diablo III

Postby Molech » 01 Jul 2008, 15:49

So where is the post about this? I'm disappointed in us. IF you are at all a fan of the series I suggest you waste some time on the site. There are some fun things to play with and a nice trip down memory lane. It also has some foreshadowing as to who you may and may not see in the new game. At any rate I'll be purchasing 2 coppies as soon as they take pre-orders for this.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml
-Chris
Retired:
Guild Leader of Necrosis
SCAR Leader
PACT Master
Master Smuggler

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Diablo III

Postby Mishura Desante » 01 Jul 2008, 15:53

First game was fun...second didnt impress me and I got bored 1/4 the way in.

I'll wait and see about the 3rd.

It was annoucned awhile ago, but the trailers / etc were only officially released earlier this week.

Personally, I'm more excited about...
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=8581
Fleet Admiral Mishura Desante
@Asherax

Luda
Unshakable

Postby Luda » 01 Jul 2008, 17:55

i personally cant wait for D3! i played the original till i couldnt get any more our of it lol and i played D2 for over 6 yrs. i watched the trailers, gameplay video, etc, and i have to say im pretty excited about it. it looks a lot better than 2 with more in depth play style than either of the first 2. i like the more 3D look to it. that was always my one complaint with the diablo game is the 2D play style. im also eager to check out the new class (Witch Doctor). i will definatly be getting the game as soon as its available.
"Now I got the parents pissed and ready to noose me, because they know that Absolute Power corrupts, ABSOLUTELY!"

Andromeda
Slayer of forum threads

Postby Andromeda » 01 Jul 2008, 19:50

So this game actually has me excited about something. This is rare and unusual, but that's how much I liked the games. If I had a LoD key code I'd play it more often, but i've moved so much and it has been lost.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Andromeda 85 Hunter, Alchemist
Riseagain 85 Priest, Enchanter & Tailor
Watergirl 54 Mage, Tailor

"Objectively I'd say I'm very smart, although, it has nothing to do with my ass."

Luda
Unshakable

Postby Luda » 01 Jul 2008, 20:54

Andromeda (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))If I had a LoD key code I'd play it more often

same here... but my disc is the reason i dont play. i think my nephew may have had something to do with my disc not working >.<
"Now I got the parents pissed and ready to noose me, because they know that Absolute Power corrupts, ABSOLUTELY!"

Andromeda
Slayer of forum threads

Postby Andromeda » 01 Jul 2008, 21:45

I can't imagine that your nephew would ever have anything to do with something not working properly.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Andromeda 85 Hunter, Alchemist
Riseagain 85 Priest, Enchanter & Tailor
Watergirl 54 Mage, Tailor

"Objectively I'd say I'm very smart, although, it has nothing to do with my ass."

Phoenix
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » 02 Jul 2008, 04:21

Assuming you don't want to play online, I can post download links and keys for anyone that wants a trip down memory lane. After this shitty work is over of course :)
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Molech
Site Admin

Postby Molech » 02 Jul 2008, 05:47

We play almost exclusively online. That way we can play together. It's just not worth spending $50 for her to have a code to play the game. It would have been fine but we had to wipe her hard drive after a move and after she lost the jewel case with the code on it. We have the one code so we could install it for single player on both our machines but where is the fun there.
-Chris
Retired:
Guild Leader of Necrosis
SCAR Leader
PACT Master
Master Smuggler

havoq
Necrosis Officer

Postby havoq » 02 Jul 2008, 13:27

I'm pretty excited about D3 as well. I watched the gameplay demo video and it looks completely awesome. The interactive environments appears to be very polished. Can't wait!

Neeps
Site Admin

Postby Neeps » 02 Jul 2008, 13:34

While yes, I would like to see D3. If Blizzard dare release it before Starcraft 2 then there is going to be trouble.

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 02 Jul 2008, 14:14

i think anyone who is a PC gamer will be buying both D3 and SC2.

Neeps
Site Admin

Postby Neeps » 02 Jul 2008, 15:04

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))i think anyone who is a PC gamer will be buying both D3 and SC2.

That wasn't the issue and I most likely will get both as I generically like Blizzards games (Only WoW has disappointed me from their entire library and I own all their games), my frustration stems from the fact that Starcraft (a game that clearly outstripped a lot of things in its time and still today) is still without a sequel, while Diablo crashes its way thru to a trilogy.

A frustration born further into agony by those evil prickteasing bastods at Blizzaaaard that released an *awesome* teaser trailer fooking ages ago ;(

Phoenix
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » 02 Jul 2008, 15:16

Molech (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))We play almost exclusively online. That way we can play together. It's just not worth spending $50 for her to have a code to play the game. It would have been fine but we had to wipe her hard drive after a move and after she lost the jewel case with the code on it. We have the one code so we could install it for single player on both our machines but where is the fun there.

You know there is a LAN setting for the game. I never played online, only with friends locally. Honestly, what do you need the 12 yr old pricks for anyway :)
WoW/SWG/EVE/DAoC/DikuMUD --> Galos/Qasim/Dregian/Meridin
Discord --> PhoenixMT#5467, Steam --> PhoenixMT

Molech
Site Admin

Postby Molech » 02 Jul 2008, 16:59

Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))That wasn't the issue and I most likely will get both as I generically like Blizzards games (Only WoW has disappointed me from their entire library and I own all their games), my frustration stems from the fact that Starcraft (a game that clearly outstripped a lot of things in its time and still today) is still without a sequel, while Diablo crashes its way thru to a trilogy.

A frustration born further into agony by those evil prickteasing bastods at Blizzaaaard that released an *awesome* teaser trailer fooking ages ago ;(

I'm with you SC took some of the best moments of my online gaming. It's sad that much of the development team that designed this game originaly has left Blizzard. I'm sure that is the cause of many of the issues with their current games. It's also going to piss me off because the people that did the voice acting aren't there anymore so voices will change. But what can you do

Phoenix (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))You know there is a LAN setting for the game. I never played online, only with friends locally. Honestly, what do you need the 12 yr old pricks for anyway :)

You need the 12yo pricks to increase the number of plyers in your game to up the XP you get from monsters. Going solo in an 8 person game yields massive XP. It makes it easy to reach level 75 in a matter of only a few hours if you know how to do it.
-Chris
Retired:
Guild Leader of Necrosis
SCAR Leader
PACT Master
Master Smuggler

Caal
Must be unemployed.

Postby Caal » 02 Jul 2008, 18:15

Well I've never played any of the Diablo games but the recent videos have me interested and having enjoyed playing through Titan Quest I am pretty sure I will enjoy Diablo 3.

As to SC I must be the odd one out by not being too excited by a sequal. I played the original for quite some time although never online. The only RTS game I'm looking forward to is Dawn of War 2 and that is because I enjoy Relic RTS games.

Return to “Other Games”