Dead Space

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
manglehorn
Unshakable

Dead Space

Postby manglehorn » 20 Oct 2008, 05:49

picked this up on friday, i wasnt really sure what to expect, looked scary in the trailers. so i got it. and i am glad i did, i do enjoy scary shit and this just so happens to be up my alley, its like a mix of alien, event horizon and the thing smashed together

i really do enjoy it and believe it would be worth lookin into if you're a fan of the horror survival genre
Manglehorn -- 70 -- shaman
Manglefist -- 80 -- Deathknight
thtmtw.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Collus-At ... 2119406325

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Dead Space

Postby Mishura Desante » 20 Oct 2008, 18:54

i've considered picking it up, but i have a hard time justifying 60 bucks for a game - i prefer to get em off ebay after a few months.

If its xbox, i'll trade ya force unleashed for it when you're done if your interested (fun game, just short).
Fleet Admiral Mishura Desante
@Asherax

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 27 Oct 2008, 13:37

oh god force unleashed terrible dont get me started lol.

but dead space is awesome.
have u beaten it yet? I ve just hit chapter 4 i think where i gotta activate the asteroid defence system. Im hooked to it awesome game.

Ive got it on PC, my only complaint about it is there seems to be a small time lag when u move the mouse, and when ur character finally moves. i guess u get kind of use to it after a while but it can be a little frustrating, and difficult to aim some times.

manglehorn
Unshakable

Postby manglehorn » 28 Oct 2008, 02:40

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))oh god force unleashed terrible dont get me started lol.

but dead space is awesome.
have u beaten it yet? I ve just hit chapter 4 i think where i gotta activate the asteroid defence system. Im hooked to it awesome game.

Ive got it on PC, my only complaint about it is there seems to be a small time lag when u move the mouse, and when ur character finally moves. i guess u get kind of use to it after a while but it can be a little frustrating, and difficult to aim some times.

i finally beat it, it is absolutely awesome and i'm not going to wreck any of it for you, just realize that your character is one of the most badass people, ever.
Manglehorn -- 70 -- shaman
Manglefist -- 80 -- Deathknight
thtmtw.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Collus-At ... 2119406325

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 29 Oct 2008, 19:11

i beat it last night.
I was hoping there would be a bit more dialogue at the ending, but I guess there is going to be a sequel?

Awesome game all around, mostly the story just driving you to keep playing it and find out what happens but also really good map layout, and good enemy timings.. Its like Half Life, just alot better. I would have liked to see a few more weapons though.

Once I got the kinetic gun, its all I used. That and the Pulse Rifle for bosses lol. All I would do is stock up on kinetic ammo about 45 units total and just decimate everything with it. I also would have liked to get further up the suit chain. I only got up to level 3 suit, and couldnt really afford a level 4 or 5 suit. Which sorta sucked because I wanted my character to look more bad ass.

oh well, still an awesome game. I dont know if ill do a second run through it. Maybe just so i can use the flamethrower (whihc I never tried) and the military suit.

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Mishura Desante » 07 Nov 2008, 01:06

@Asherax

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 09 Nov 2008, 21:03

Well he pretty much summed up every game ever made.

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Mishura Desante » 21 Dec 2008, 00:06

Awesome game. Just, awesome! I highly add to the others here when they say go get it!

I just started chapter 3 - i've probably "jumped" at least a dozen times already.

Place this game in the dark, late at night, alone!

What an awesome experience.
@Asherax

Return to “Other Games”