Fallout 3

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
xxOutlawxx
Forum Whore

Fallout 3

Postby xxOutlawxx » 10 Nov 2008, 17:31

Here's a quick intro to FallOut 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5m0NM3ZnxY
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Pitfiend
First to Level 80

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Pitfiend » 10 Nov 2008, 23:32

I'm just past the beginning, walking around Megaton. Great game so far. Very much like Oblivion but I like the character evolution better as well as the story. It's futuristic in a post-nuclear Washington DC with a 1950's twist. I'm really enjoying this game.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Pitfiend
First to Level 80

Postby Pitfiend » 18 Nov 2008, 16:32

Upon playing further into the game, I'm getting more excited. There are so many cool little details in the game that really draw you in. For instance, there are a few radio stations you can pick up each with it's own flavor and they relate directly to the world. Want to hear the propaganda and hope building of what's left of the bureaucratic government that ended up getting us all nuked? Turn your dial to Enclave Radio. The President speaks between patriotic songs to assure us that he's bringing our new future on a silver platter. Feeling more like listening to a spin off of Wolfman Jack who's more pessimistic and reports on local news? Turn the dial to Galaxy News Radio. Occasionally, if you've done something really really good or really really bad, you'll actually hear a news report on your activities. It has no real baring on the game but it draws you in.

Ok, so Ryan is sitting there muttering to himself about how those radio stations sound lame because they should be reporting on how Obama screwed up the country 260 years ago and they should be reporting on that. Well, sounds like he needs to take out his frustration. He could either join the KKK, or he could pull his laser rifle and target the rusted out decayed 58 Cadillac looking car with the fusion engine over there. You see it right, with the two super mutants standing by it. Yeah, go ahead, shoot it. You'll feel better Ryan, I promise.

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Mishura Desante » 24 Nov 2008, 19:02

BTW, this game is just awesome.

I'm doing all the side quests i find, and just exploring. This game can take hours upon hours to complete if you do everthing.

(mild spoiler)

I do kinda wish I had agreed to destroy a certain city though, as I like residence you get if you do much better than if you save the city (early on side quest). I'm sure you take a big karma hit, but whatever.
Fleet Admiral Mishura Desante
@Asherax

Pitfiend
First to Level 80

Postby Pitfiend » 25 Nov 2008, 20:21

I haven't tried destroying it because I'm a goody two-shoes in this game, but look at it this way, if the begger outside the city lives through the explosion, you can always just give him purified water to get your karma back up if you need to/want to. Then again, the house I got for saving the city is my main source of purified water in order to offset my occasional tendency to stray from the straight and narrow.

Mishura Desante
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Mishura Desante » 25 Nov 2008, 23:13

yeah, im a goody two shoes too, but i've already done things that make it impossible to destroy it now (killing certain people, etc)
Fleet Admiral Mishura Desante
@Asherax

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 19 Feb 2009, 14:54

I've been playing this on the PS3 as a goody-two-shoes as well... It's great playing the good-guy for the most part, but every now-and-again you just wanna go crazy and kill a bunch of people... When I came across Tenpenny tower, I took the quest to sort out the Ghoul problem (ie the choice of either killing them, talking them out of attacking, or taking over Tenpenny Tower with them)... Talking them out of attacking would be the good option I suppose... I started that way, but then I got a bit trigger happy... Killed all the ghouls, everyone in Tenpenny, and walked out of there with lots of nice bottlecaps... My karma did go from very top to just below average! Hahah!
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Return to “Other Games”