Wii Speak - a Wii Voice feature so you can NOT talk???

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Wii Speak - a Wii Voice feature so you can NOT talk???

Postby Taze » 06 Dec 2008, 18:44

Can I use the Wii Speak Channel while playing a game?
The Wii Speak Channel is a separate program that cannot operate at the same time as another program, such as a game.

Some games, such as Animal Crossing: City Folk, can be made to include a similar type of functionality which will allow players to interact with the Wii Speak microphone. This in-game feature is completely separate from the Wii Speak Channel. The Wii Speak microphone can only be used in games that have been specifically programmed to use it.

Thats right for 30$ we can talk to each other.... in games that feature this ability, which is currently 1 game, or we can go to a channel and talk.

But sadly as I excitedly looked at this in the store, and thankfully didnt buy it, was hoping this was a wii "vent" for games like mariokart, but alas, no.
Forum has lost my sig twice now...
Playing SOTA with Jeeks, Naka, Galos and Wife
Playing Neverwinter With Liyandra on her Satellite I-Nets
Not playing much else, due to SOTA Early Release

Andromeda
Slayer of forum threads

Re: Wii Speak - a Wii Voice feature so you can NOT talk???

Postby Andromeda » 06 Dec 2008, 19:27

Having a Wii "vent" would rock, but we'll just have to deal. It would be great to trash talk you when I kick your ass in Dr. Mario
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Andromeda 85 Hunter, Alchemist
Riseagain 85 Priest, Enchanter & Tailor
Watergirl 54 Mage, Tailor

"Objectively I'd say I'm very smart, although, it has nothing to do with my ass."

ahimah
Site Admin

Postby ahimah » 12 Dec 2008, 15:10

Couldn't you use Vent on one of the multitude of laptops that everyone seems to have while sitting on the couch and playing Wii?

Not an ideal situation I know, but at least you can trash talk each other that way.

havoq
Necrosis Officer

Postby havoq » 12 Dec 2008, 17:49

ahimah (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Couldn't you use Vent on one of the multitude of laptops that everyone seems to have while sitting on the couch and playing Wii?

Not an ideal situation I know, but at least you can trash talk each other that way.

Since my Wii is right next to my computer, this would be ideal for me. I also thought we could use our mobile phones in a conference call using a service like this. Vent would be my first choice though.

Taze
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Taze » 14 Dec 2008, 13:15

Andromeda (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Having a Wii "vent" would rock, but we'll just have to deal. It would be great to trash talk you when I kick your ass in Dr. Mario

Yeah, now to put this in perspective this is like dueling a lvl 10 and winning, and your lvl 80.

I can play her lvl 5 versus lvl 8 or 9 and sometimes win atm, I can't seem to master lvl 6 yet
Forum has lost my sig twice now...
Playing SOTA with Jeeks, Naka, Galos and Wife
Playing Neverwinter With Liyandra on her Satellite I-Nets
Not playing much else, due to SOTA Early Release

Andromeda
Slayer of forum threads

Postby Andromeda » 15 Dec 2008, 04:45

Yeah, he probably doesn't want to hear me tell him where to place the viruses while I'm killing him even though I started with 2x+ the original number of viruses. :twisted:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Andromeda 85 Hunter, Alchemist
Riseagain 85 Priest, Enchanter & Tailor
Watergirl 54 Mage, Tailor

"Objectively I'd say I'm very smart, although, it has nothing to do with my ass."

Return to “Other Games”