Empire : total war

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Empire : total war

Postby Saltire » 16 Mar 2009, 16:41

i find i can usually get less casualties now by actually fighting the land battles instead of letting the PC do it.

Cavalry back and at the flanks, artillery to the centre unlimbered and deployed, 3 rank deep line infantry stretched out behind the guns with bayonets fixed.

Pepper the enemy with round shot and explosive shells on their approach, use howitzers and mortars vs troops and cannons vs enemy artillery (one near hit usually dismounts a gun and kills the crew). when enemy troops have closed enough distance reload the cannons with canister. 1 salvo from 2 units (6 guns) is enough to rout or even wipe out (accuracy) any approching units that have been targetted.

If enemy still approaching, send your infantry forward in line past your guns (which you should now be limbering up to their carriages to avoid any friendly fire as they have a bad habbit of reverting to fire at will when your not in control of them). If you have it researched have your line troops 'fire by rank'. Once the enemy starts wavering, BAYONET CHARGE!.

Cavalry should now be walked up the flanks to make a set of bull horns threatening to encircle the melee. Charge in heavy cavalry to the rear or sides of the enemy line, they will instantly rout and shortly after you will get the end battle option.

If the enemy has a substantial amount of troops left fleeing the field and you don't want to waste your time with them again or enjoy a good massacre, select the continue option and run them down with fast light cavalry. Also, now is a good time to charge in with your general because its a guaranteed trait gain 'this man is not afraid to get stuck in' +2 morale.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 24 Mar 2009, 13:45

Anyone want a 2v2 or even 4v4 if theres enough of us?
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 24 Mar 2009, 14:01

hells yeah

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 24 Mar 2009, 14:59

Saltire (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))hells yeah
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 25 Mar 2009, 10:10

who in sek plays it?

me/fel/griv

anyone else?

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 25 Mar 2009, 12:21

Shamen plays AFAIK... We need to get on Vent at some point, the four of us, and just rape each other!

Question is: Sea or Land?
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 25 Mar 2009, 12:58

since i will win at both by explosive howitzer shell spam... :lol:

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 25 Mar 2009, 13:25

Saltire (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))since i will win at both by explosive howitzer shell spam... :lol:

MY CAVLRYY WILL RAEP UR MORTRS!!!!1111one lolololmao :lol:

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 25 Mar 2009, 13:41

cav cannon spam for cheap win

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 26 Mar 2009, 00:14

just completed the 'Road to independance'

=

Poo

Stck with the main game unless you like a few cut sceans...

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 28 Mar 2009, 00:39

im fooked off.

I wanna play empire but the steam servers are down - So i cant login....

So i cant play 3 games ive bought because steam is fooked...

Does anyone know a way round it?

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 28 Mar 2009, 11:09

Login to eve at DT and come on the op. Worked for me. :o

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 30 Mar 2009, 14:18

Steam was down..

Does anyone know where to see your achievments?

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 30 Mar 2009, 16:11

not sure, i know i unlocked a few last night on multiplayer.

Ferguson Riflemen FTW.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 02 Apr 2009, 12:42

riflemen ftw.

anyone want to try a multiplayer at some point? Im gonna try and set up a fake LAN using that hamachi thing.

Return to “Other Games”