Empire : total war

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Empire : total war

Postby Saltire » 07 Dec 2008, 09:58

Anyone interested? Looks pretty damn good.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Empire : total war

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 19 Feb 2009, 14:44

Looks epic to me, I will be buying it!

Can't believe I never noticed this forum before either! Doesn't look all that active... We need to start poasting moar in it! 8)
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 19 Feb 2009, 15:02

spam
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 19 Feb 2009, 21:19

Saltire (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))spam

Hahah! I did go on a bit of a poast fest! But I seriously never even knew this section existed! And I am getting Empire: Total War! 8)
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 19 Feb 2009, 23:24

me 3, when is out?

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 19 Feb 2009, 23:57

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/7955041 ... oduct.html

Less than two weeks away! When I get paid next week, I'm pre-ordering it! :D

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 20 Feb 2009, 01:15

that looks pretty awesome.

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 03 Mar 2009, 23:25

Felysta Sandorn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/7955041/Empire-Total-War-Special-Forces-Edition/Product.html

Less than two weeks away! When I get paid next week, I'm pre-ordering it! :D

Arrived in the post today, installing now... 8)

Sirex
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Sirex » 04 Mar 2009, 20:53

post feedback here plz!

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 04 Mar 2009, 22:36

very good game.

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 05 Mar 2009, 11:04

I sooooo need help with this game....

I dont think the advisors give you enough info especailly for someone like me whos not sure whats going on....

Im sure I'll get the hang of it after a few runs but would appreciate a hand if anyone can spare me 10mins...

Overall - Looks great, battles are easy to play but hard to master. Ship fights are fun!

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 05 Mar 2009, 13:46

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))I sooooo need help with this game....

I dont think the advisors give you enough info especailly for someone like me whos not sure whats going on....

Im sure I'll get the hang of it after a few runs but would appreciate a hand if anyone can spare me 10mins...

Overall - Looks great, battles are easy to play but hard to master. Ship fights are fun!

What don't you understand?

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 05 Mar 2009, 14:20

jeeze where do i start??

Fights - When i fight them i normaly win but with massive losses - When i tell the comp to fight for me I lose about 4 people.. So im deffo not doing somethign right there.
Tech tree - Im got the idea here..
Buildings in Cities - How come theres other across the map but they are cities so to speak? Also - In medieval you had to have a nice balance of castles and cities, but in this i cant see the difference.
Merchants - are there any in this game like there was in medieval?
Trade ships - How do you use them?

Basically any tips?

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 05 Mar 2009, 16:01

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Fights - When i fight them i normaly win but with massive losses - When i tell the comp to fight for me I lose about 4 people.. So im deffo not doing somethign right there.

It's all about tactics... There isn't as much rock/paper/scissors as in the other games, but there are a few things you need to remember:
  • Watch your flank as AI in this game is much better than previous games. If the enemy sees you have a week right flank, they'll go for that, and if you don't counter, you'll lose a lot of troops! I set up my linemen all across the deployment zone with all my cavalry on the left to flank the enemy (in older games the enemy just marches straight towards you)... The enemy saw this that sent his cavalry to my right flank, and took out two whole squads of linemen before I could get my cavalry over there to help! I eventually won, but I lost hundreds of men!
  • If you're under attack, create a strong defensive position and let the enemy come to you (if you are the attacker, the enemy won't come to you). As soon as they're in range, your troops will start firing, but the enemy troops will have to stop first, then make ready, aim, and fire... This short bout of time will give a major advantage, because by the time the enemy is ready to fire, they will have already lost most of their front line of troops!
  • Only run your troops if you have to... If you are the attacker and you need to move within range, walk your troops to their optimal and open fire... Running them will tire them out, make them more prone to routing, and will take them longer to set up before firing...
  • Cannon and Cavalry are mainly just there to support your main infantry, however Cavalry are amazing and out-flanking and raping enemy infantry/cannon, and cannon are great at destroying large groups and an enemies moral...

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Tech tree - Im got the idea here..

Research something, build the next level of building, research more... Just like most tech trees, retard! :lol:

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Buildings in Cities - How come theres other across the map but they are cities so to speak? Also - In medieval you had to have a nice balance of castles and cities, but in this i cant see the difference.

You get areas outside your region capital now which are your main source of income, so it's important that you upgrade these (towns, farms, workshops etc)... They don't train any units, but you can upgrade them... The villages/towns/cities outside your regional capital can also be upgraded/converted to different types of area I believe (though I haven't gotten this far yet)... They get bigger over time as the regional population increases (so Manchester for example is a village when you start, but as your population in England/Wales grows, it'll become a Town, then a City).

There is no difference between a castle/city any more, you just get the one, which is a combination of the two. Most fighting goes on outside citys now anyway unless you get sieged...

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Merchants - are there any in this game like there was in medieval?

No, these have been replaced by trade ships I believe... There are agents like inventors etc who you no longer train, but who spawn over time...

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Trade ships - How do you use them?

I don't know yet, but I think you shove them in one of the areas on the world map marked by a silver blob, and put them in one of the trade ports there...

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 05 Mar 2009, 16:44

Cheers fel

jesus - thats probably the most 'on topic' post youve ever made and not a hint of sarcasum!!!!

*SHOCKED*

Anyone got an idea on these trade boats?

Return to “Other Games”