Empire : total war

Diablo 2, Wii, Xbox, RTS, FPS, etc.
Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Re: Empire : total war

Postby Saltire » 05 Mar 2009, 17:48

sink them
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 05 Mar 2009, 20:41

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Cheers fel

jesus - thats probably the most 'on topic' post youve ever made and not a hint of sarcasum!!!!

*SHOCKED*

Hahah! It happens from time-to-time...

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Anyone got an idea on these trade boats?

Yeah, I've done it now... You take them to one of the mid-way sections (ie South America or Africa), and dock them at one of the trade ports... They then earn you some money each turn... But take an offensive fleet with you too, because all of the trade ports are generally used up already... Once you've got your merchant at one port, you can sail your fleet around the other ports attacking enemy merchants (hijack the ships and use them on the same trade ports for extra cash)... But remember the longer you stay out there in your fleet, the more men you'll lose over time, so keep it reinforced, possibly bring another fleet in after 10 turns and send the first fleet home to repair/recrew!
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

shamen
Must be unemployed.

Postby shamen » 06 Mar 2009, 20:46

I just bought this today. I've installed but not played it yet. I should be on it tomorrow. We'll have to get a game sorted between us. (Need some time to get used to teh game fitst though)
Eve Online - The Shamen.
Robocraft - frenkyled

PSN - Frenkyled

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 08 Mar 2009, 12:50

Constant crashes trying to get through 1721, game is now unplayable... :cry:
Neeps (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Felys never right

Sirex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))yep i agree.

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 08 Mar 2009, 18:22

im at 17.15 in campaign atm, no crashes yet, except for the howitzers shells landing in Amsterdam.

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 09 Mar 2009, 20:40

1770 ish - No crashes!

Currently pwning in america!

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 10 Mar 2009, 09:59

1721 no crash

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 10 Mar 2009, 17:03

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))1770 ish - No crashes!

Currently pwning in america!

1777 - crashes everytime i put an army in a ship! gutttted!

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 14 Mar 2009, 19:56

So I restarted as the Swedish and I've had an epic first few decades...

I started pretty slow, between 1700 and 1705 I had a few skirmishes with Denmark, but nothing major... I took a fleet to Africa and set up in one of the trade ports there, established communications with a few nations (strangely, most people hate the Swedish from the off, so even just getting a trade treaty set up can be quite time-consuming and costly). Come 1705, I kicked off my first campaign against Denmark. I took Norway with little resistance, but Denmark itself was well protected...

While I was fighting the Danes, the Dutch and Prussians decided they would strike at my flank. The Dutch sailed in from Holland in two large fleets, all but extinguishing my naval presence around Sweden, and the Prussians started applying pressure to Finland. I finished off the Danes (all but Iceland which was cut off due to lack of any fleet), and went head-first in to the Prussian front (along with a few minor nations who also decided I was getting too big for my boots). I took a few regions in mid-Europe, and wiped out the Prussians and one minor nation. At this point, the Dutch decided they wanted peace (possibly seeing the fleet I was amassing in Sweden, and the army that would accompany it to Holland), and the Russians decided they wanted war! So in 1716 I went to war with Russia, and declared peace on my entire Western front (the Dutch, the Austrians, the Polish etc).

From 1716 to 1735 my armies marched up and down Russia, eventually wiping out every Russian region except Moldavia. Not a single one of these newly acquired territories had a happy populace, and it would be ignoring them that would eventually lead to the fall of my Swedish empire... As my army was amassing in Crimea on the Moldavian border to finish off the Russians, the Polish and the Austrians both declared war on me, along with the Georgians (whom up until now had been fairly lucrative trading partners with me). I held my armies back for an extra year to allow my new foes to make their first move, and that they did... The Georgians moved on Don Voisko (where luckily I had the remnants of a militia based army that managed to hold off the offensive), the Polish moved on Courland and Estonia from Lithuania, and the Austrians reinforced the Russian position in Moldavia.

By 1738 not a single border was peaceful, and even though I managed to wipe out the Russians, I was constantly on the back foot. Taxes were at an all time high just to pay the upkeep on my military, and to make things worse, two regions in central Russia were striking and threatening to rebel! I had no choice but to struggle on and hope my people would understand the burden that war placed under all of us... I managed to force the Polish in to just holding Poland, and was pushing the Austrians back towards Austria, all the while holding off against the Georgians and Persians in Don Voisko. In 1740, my coffers gave up, my treasurer (who was previously bringing in an extra 18% tax and other bonuses) died of natural causes, and was replaced by a reject from the Green party! I went bankrupt, and it wasn't looking good...

1741 saw my armies half in size. Three regions in Russia rebelled against the rule of my good king. Norway founded itself as a new nation. The polish retook Lithuania, and the Hungarians took Transylvania! I tried to get peace with anyone I could, but my wreckless behaviour until now had burned too many bridges...

1742 was the year of reform... A band of rebels appeared in Sweden and marched on the capital. The Swedish empire fell in to ruin, the King was executed, and the new Republic of Sweden would take control of the once glorious nation.

Immediately a change emerged. The lower classes were happy again! Even with above average taxes! And the fall of 80% of the Swedish army meant that my upkeep was at an all-time low... Sure, I lost six regions in two years, but in just six months my treasury moved from 0 to 55k, and I was on the recruiting path once again. By 1745, the people's army of Sweden had grown to 1.5 times it's original size, and was sitting on the doorstep of the Polish and Austrians. I retook the regions in Russia that had rebelled, and crushed the insurgency that called itself Norway. It was time to go back to war!

In 1747, the NRoS (New Republic of Sweden) struck at four nations at once! Moving on the Polish, the Austrians, Saxony, and the Georgians (not quite at Georgia itself, but they had a strong presence in Don Voisko that needed crushing). 1748 saw the French and Spanish declare war on the new mighty NRoS and begin blockading trade routes...

It's now 1749, the Polish are utterly vanquished, and the Austrians are on the way out (one region left that's under seige). Saxony has been destroyed, and my armies are marching on Georgia. I'm building a fleet of 2nd rates that will soon sail on France and Spain (after taking Iceland off the Danes), and a new army that is being trained for the soul purpose of conquering Britain...

The New Republic of Sweden will rule the world...

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 15 Mar 2009, 10:56

Nice. I just rerolled with Russia.

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 15 Mar 2009, 22:10

Im doing the road to independance....

Currently just formed the us of a , and pwning the british nto sure if i'll compete it in the time limt but i'll give a good go...

Anyone else tried this yet?

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 15 Mar 2009, 22:39

Griv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))Im doing the road to independance....

Currently just formed the us of a , and pwning the british nto sure if i'll compete it in the time limt but i'll give a good go...

Anyone else tried this yet?

How do you form the US?

Griv
Forum Whore

Postby Griv » 16 Mar 2009, 10:43

Just instead of playing the campain play the 'Road to Indepenance' bit...

you start as the British, then the whole boston T party thing happens and then you start fighting the British...

Saltire
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Saltire » 16 Mar 2009, 13:13

if i played that i'd fail on purpose then dream of how better of the USA would be if John, Sam and George had been quietly disposed of in an alley somewhere.

Felysta Sandorn
One of Us! One of Us!

Postby Felysta Sandorn » 16 Mar 2009, 13:56

Saltire (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE')))(!empty($user->lang['COLON'])) ? $user->lang['COLON'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'COLON')))if i played that i'd fail on purpose then dream of how better of the USA would be if John, Sam and George had been quietly disposed of in an alley somewhere.

In my previous campaign, the USA was formed in about 1715, and in 1716 I wiped the out because I didn't like the way they were headed (independance). :twisted:

Return to “Other Games”